Section 1: My Personal Information and Plans
This contains the essential personal information, preferences and plan that an individual should take and the initial stages of information and plans that they may wish to consider for themselves.
Personal Information and Choice
3. Personal information people may wish to record
Section 2: My Appointments and Communication Logs
This contains the personal communication records and appointments made by the individual, as well the contact details of people and organisations that the person may wish to contact or to have contacted on their behalf
- Appointments arranged - Calendar/diary in date order and/or appointment order
- Communication Log - Daily messages and/or feedback left in my house and/or on my file. This could be completed by me, my family and/or by visitors, care workers, other workers
- Contact Details - Contact information about the people and organisations who visit my house, support me, arrange my care etc.
- Message in a Bottle - brief record in the fridge door that directs others to where you keep your important information
- ICE Number - an entry in your mobile telephone of the person you wish to be contacted in the case of an emergency about you
Section 3: My Personal Health and Social Care Information and Plans
This contains information pertaining to 'my health and social care' including 'my single comprehensive Care Plan', Health documents and plans e.g. test results, assessments, operation notes, treatment notes, continuing treatment medicines, adult services documents and plans including assessments, services, notes, letters about me etc. and any other contents as appropriate e.g. Optician, Dentist, Ophthalmologist, etc.
- My Care Plan – health and social care.
One single Care Plan for me. It is suggested that there is one single care plan per person including sections combined from - my personal preferences, my family & friends input, plans by/from Adult Services (AS), General Practitioner (GP), Community Nurse, Hospital, Residential/Nursing Home, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist (OT), other providers, professionals, other people who know me. (This should take the place of the range and number of different care plans currently prepared for me by professionals working with me)
- Health documents and plans. Test results, health information, assessments, notes, letters about me, operation notes, treatment notes (GP, Health providers etc.)
- Treatment continuing e.g. diabetes, pain control, long term conditions etc.
- Medicines. Repeat medication list from my GP with any changes I make to the way I take it- plus non prescribed medicines I take/use.
- Adult Services documents and plans. Adult Services care plan, assessments, services, notes, letters about me etc.
- Other sections as appropriate e.g. Optician, Dentist, Ophthalmologist, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Podiatrist, Speech and Language Therapist, Specialist Services such as Wheelchair, Crutches, Walkers, Telecare equipment, Private Health Care documents etc.